The 2024 Artwork festival theme is ALLYSHIP. The essay can take many forms:
Traditional Artwork: Participants can submit paintings, drawings, sketches, or other forms of traditional artwork that illustrate the essence of allyship.
Digital Artwork: Encouraging the use of modern technology, this category invites digital art that embodies the theme of allyship.
Photography: Through capturing moments, emotions, or symbols, participants can use photography to depict allyship in action.
Guidelines for Artists:
- Please follow Journal of Surgical Research artwork guidelines found here: https://www.elsevier.com/journals/journal-of-surgical-research/0022-4804/guide-for-authors
- Artist must be an active or candidate member of AAS.
- Judges are not allowed to participate in this contest.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the members of the AAS Ethics Committee.
- The selected entry will be published in a future issue of the Journal of Surgical Research (date to be determined), and the author receives a $750 cash prize.
- All entries will be published on the AAS blog.
- Authors will be asked to submit a brief 2-3 sentence bio and a recent photo. If you wish your entry to be published anonymously, please indicate that in your submission document.
Submission deadline: Monday, December 4, 2023
Ethics Committee - Cover Art Entry Form
"*" indicates required fields