AAS is now accepting entries for The AAS Ethics Committee Cover Art Contest 2022. The submission form, general rules and guidelines are below:
- Create a visual depiction of “Art as Therapy.”
- One media file (.jpeg or .tiff format) will be accepted. Please obtain and submit proof of permission to use the image.
Guidelines for Artists:
- Please follow Journal of Surgical Research artwork guidelines found here: https://www.elsevier.com/journals/journal-of-surgical-research/0022-4804/guide-for-authors
- Artist must be an active or candidate member of AAS.
- Judges are not allowed to participate in this contest.
- Submissions will be reviewed by an independent panel of judges drawn from the AAS membership for a first and second position winner. The first position will receive a $500 cash prize.
- The winning entry will be published as the cover of the Journal of Surgical Research July 2023. Entries not published in JSR will be considered for publication on the AAS blog.
- Winners will be asked to submit a brief 2-3 sentence biographic introduction including twitter handles, a recent professional headshot, as well as current affiliation.
Submission Deadline: Thursday, December 15, 2022