Application Opens: June 6, 2022
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Awarded annually to medical students considering pursuing a career in academic surgery.
The intent of these awards is to recognize outstanding research efforts by medical students and to encourage student interest in pursuing careers in academic surgery.
- The candidate must be a graduating senior medical student, receiving his/her medical degree between January and July 2023 and should be considering a career in academic surgery.
- Applicants must submit the application which includes a 250 word summary of their research project AND a letter from their mentor describing the student’s contributions to the project, the qualifications of the student, and the qualifications of the mentor.
- Six awards will be given, three for basic science projects and three for clinical/outcomes/health services/education research projects
- All six awardees will be invited to attend the Academic Surgical Congress being held February 7-9, 2023 in Houston, TX and will receive complimentary registration and a $500 travel stipend.
- Complimentary Medical Student AAS membership for one year
- Award certificate presented at the AAS Awards Session during the Academic Surgical Congress
- Name published in the AAS Blog “The Academic Surgeon” and on the AAS Web Site
Paolo deAngelis, Weill Cornell Medicine
Chelsie Anderson, University of California, San Francisco
Mudit Dutta, USF Morsani College of Medicine
Paul Park, University of California, San Francisco
Lia Delaney, University of Michigan Medical School
Kirkpatrick Fergus, University of California, San Francisco
Michael Kirsch, University of Michigan
Joseph Ladowski, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Jane Long, Johns Hopkins Medical Institution
Giulia Daneshgaran, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Imad Aljabban, Penn State Health
Joel Lawrence Ramirez, University of California, San Francisco
Alexis Antunez, University of Michigan
Kevin Dong, Northeast Ohio Medical University
Michael Kochis, Mass General / Harvard
David Cron, University of Michigan
Katherine He, University of Michigan
Nathan Brand, Columbia University School of Medicine
Sean McGuire, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
Zachary Obinna Enumah, Johns Hopkins University
Gregory Kennedy, University of Pennsylvania
Ambar Mehta, Johns Hopkins University
Barbara Williams, UC Irvine
Dor Yoeli, Baylor College of Medicine
Blake Henchcliffe, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Jason Pradarelli, University of Michigan
Mohini Dasari, University of Pittsburgh
Richard Guyer, Vanderbilt University
S. Rae Rokosh, NYU School of Medicine
Matthew Burstein, Baylor College of Medicine
Frank Davis, University of Michigan
Anna Garcia, Vanderbilt University
Ben Biesterveld, Medical College of Wisconsin
Tyler Merceron, Vanderbilt University
Sorry. This form is no longer available.