- For the AAS Fall Courses – ten awards for resident/fellow/faculty applicants representing women and/or underrepresented minorities – award includes complimentary registration and a $1000 travel stipend to the 2019 AAS Fall Courses taking place in San Francisco on October 26, 2019. Application deadline is July 15, 2019 – learn more HERE.
- For the 2020 Academic Surgical Congress – two travel awards to the 2020 ASC taking place February 4-6, 2020 in Orlando, Florida:
Senior Medical Student Travel Award – Six travel awards recognizing outstanding research efforts by medical students and to encourage student interest in pursuing careers in academic surgery – complimentary ASC registration and a $500 travel stipend. Application deadline is July 29, 2019 – learn more HERE.
Student Diversity Travel Award – Three travel awards presented to female or underrepresented minority medical students with a commitment to becoming a leader in academic surgery – complimentary ASC registration, 3-nights hotel accommodations and a $500 travel stipend. Application deadline is July 29, 2019 – learn more HERE.
- For several international conferences: the International Visiting Professorship Awards – AAS has formal exchanges with the Taiwan Surgical Association, the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Younger Fellows Committee, the West African College of Surgeons and the Colombian Surgical Association – These awards are travel support for these organizations’ respective meetings, with the opportunity to present there. Application deadline is July 29, 2019 – learn more HERE.
- AAS/AASF Global Surgery Research Fellowship Award
- AAS/AASF Trainee Research Fellowship Award – Basic Science/Translational Research
- AAS/AASF Trainee Research Fellowship Award – Clinical Outcomes/Health Services
- AAS/AASF Trainee Research Fellowship Award – Education (NEW AWARD FOR 2020!)
Deadline for all 4 Research Fellowship Awards – August 5, 2019.