All applications are now open for the 2019-2020 AAS/AASF Awards. We are pleased to offer several travel and research awards – click the links below to learn more and apply:
- For the AAS Fall Courses – ten awards for resident/fellow/faculty applicants representing women and/or underrepresented minorities – award includes complimentary registration and a $1000 travel stipend to the 2019 AAS Fall Courses taking place in San Francisco on October 26, 2019. Application deadline is July 15, 2019 – learn more HERE.
- For the 2020 Academic Surgical Congress – two travel awards to the 2020 ASC taking place February 4-6, 2020 in Orlando, Florida:
Senior Medical Student Travel Award – Six travel awards recognizing outstanding research efforts by medical students and to encourage student interest in pursuing careers in academic surgery – complimentary ASC registration and a $500 travel stipend. Application deadline is July 29, 2019 – learn more HERE.
Student Diversity Travel Award – Three travel awards presented to female or underrepresented minority medical students with a commitment to becoming a leader in academic surgery – complimentary ASC registration, 3-nights hotel accommodations and a $500 travel stipend. Application deadline is July 29, 2019 – learn more HERE.
- For several international conferences: the International Visiting Professorship Awards – AAS has formal exchanges with the Taiwan Surgical Association, the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Younger Fellows Committee, the West African College of Surgeons and the Colombian Surgical Association – These awards are travel support for these organizations’ respective meetings, with the opportunity to present there. Application deadline is July 29, 2019 – learn more HERE.
Trainee Research Fellowship Awards:
Four one-year Fellowship awards, $20,000 each for residents and fellows engaged in research – click on each award for more information:
- AAS/AASF Global Surgery Research Fellowship Award
- AAS/AASF Trainee Research Fellowship Award – Basic Science/Translational Research
- AAS/AASF Trainee Research Fellowship Award – Clinical Outcomes/Health Services
- AAS/AASF Trainee Research Fellowship Award – Education (NEW AWARD FOR 2020!)
Deadline for all 4 Research Fellowship Awards – August 5, 2019.
The Joel J. Roslyn MD Faculty Research Award
The intent of this award is to provide an eligible faculty member who is within five years of completion of surgical training with one year of support for surgical research. The applicant must be an active member of the AAS who has not received a previous career development award. The Award is $50,000 for one year, expended solely for the purpose of the sponsored research; funding begins March 1, 2020. Application deadline deadline August 5, 2019. Click HERE to learn more.