Welcome to the AAS Leadership and Committee Nomination and Voting Page
Voting is open! If you’re eligible to vote, go do so now.
Read the committee missions and goals before you begin.
- You may self-nominate for up to 2 committees, and must select one committee if you should win more than one election.
- If you are currently serving a term on a committee and your term will not end until after February 2023, you are not eligible to self-nominate to a committee at this time.
- Only members in good standing are eligible to apply.
- Statements of interest are limited to 100 words or less.
Once the nomination period ends, online voting will begin the second week of October and run for two weeks, at which point election results will be announced. If you are not selected for one of these 5 committees, be sure to self-nominate for future rounds – see the chart below for other committee/leadership nomination periods opening very soon!
Phase 1 (current) Nominations open for these AAS Committees:
- Committee on Academic Advancement
- Finance Committee
- Education Committee
- Clinical & Health Service Research Committee
- Basic & Translational Science Research Committee
Phase 2 (late October) Nominations open for these AAS Committees:
- Ethics Committee
- Global Affairs Committee
- Committee on Technology & Communication
- Leadership Committee
- Membership Committee
- Military Committee
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
Phase 3 (early December) Nominations open for:
- Program Committee
- Publications Committees
- Committee Chairs
- Representative Positions
- AAS Officer positions of President-Elect and Recorder
Enthusiastic participation is critical for the future of our society. Please contact the AAS Administrative Office ([email protected], 310.437.1606 x154) if you have any questions about the election process, or encounter any issue with the site.
Thank you for your continued support of the AAS!