The Fundamentals of Surgical Research Course was a hit! Over 150 participants with faculty from 24 institutions came together in D.C. for a day of lectures, panels, break-out sessions, and networking. The day began with an inspiring kickoff lecture from Dr. Julie Ann Sosa touting the rewards of a career in academic surgery, and ended with the Keynote lecture by Dr. Herb Chen sharing his path to a successful surgical research career (while also becoming a surgical chairman!).
Wisdom was shared, tweets were tweeted, and all were inspired!
That being said…WE HEAR YOU! Some things we plan to change/add for next year:
- Panels. Panels. Panels.
- Access to speakers/experts.
- Global surgery content. Global Surgery content. Global surgery content.
- Basic scientist panelist.
- Basic and translational science content to be more in depth and practical.
- Less talking at you and more talking with you.
- Overall, digging deeper.
And my favorite…
“A more constant supply of coffee.” – Anonymous.