Welcome to the AAS Job Board! Job listings are located below. Please click the title to get a full description of the position and application instructions.
If you wish to post a listing, please go to the Post A Job form.
GENERAL SURGERY - Residency Program
The Guthrie Clinic, Sayre, PA
The Guthrie Clinic is seeking a confident, visionary leader to serve as Program Director for its ACGME-accredited General Surgery Residency Program located in the Twin Tiers of Northern PA and Southern NY.
The General Surgery Residency Program was established in 1923 and is one of the most robust residencies in the country. The program has 25 residents who rotate at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, PA, Corning Hospital in Corning, NY and Cortland Medical Center in Cortland, NY. Our department is academically and clinically diverse with 22 surgeons and 7 APP’s.
We have an endowed Research Foundation to support our investigative efforts and an experienced department of Graduate Medical Education. Medical Education has been a part of Guthrie’s history since 1887 and its first surgical residency beginning in 1923. Guthrie is currently home to ten residencies and fellowships and is affiliated with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine (GCSOM) and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM).
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- American Board of Surgery Board Certification
- Prior experience as a Program Director or Associate Director preferred
- Minimum of 4 years Clinical Practice post-residency/fellowship
- Minimum of 3 years as an active faculty member in an academic practice
- Eligibility for unrestricted PA and NY state license
- Possess strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
THIS UNIQUE POSITION OFFERS:
- Strong, institutional commitment to education and research
- Supportive physicians interested in teaching
- Modern facilities with new and recently renovated patient care areas
- Ample protected time dedicated for continued program development and administrative duties
- Flexible clinical duties with the ability to focus in your area of interest
- Resources and protected time available for clinical or basic science research
- Future potential and support for the development of sub-specialty fellowships
How to Apply
To get the conversation started please reach out to Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter for Surgical Services at [email protected] or call/text at 607.426.6009
Go to www.ichoseguthrie.org