Encourage Your Colleagues to Join the AAS!
As a member of the Association for Academic Surgery, you have demonstrated your commitment to surgical education and improved patient care. The AAS Membership Committee invites you to participate in the growth of our society by encouraging your colleagues to join us as we advance the field of academic surgery.
The AAS Membership Process
The application process requires all applicants to do the following:
- Fill out an online application form
- Submit a current CV
In keeping with our goal of being a paperless society, all documents may be e-mailed to the Membership Coordinator. The Membership Committee reviews applications on a quarterly basis.
These Support Materials Will Help You:
A down-loadable membership brochure is available on our web site for your use. Please feel free to use the membership recruitment material to encourage your colleagues to join the society.
Benefits of AAS Membership
- Active and Candidate members are eligible to apply for annual and biannual research grants awarded by the society. These grants not only provide substantive funding for current research, the results may earn larger awards from other entities.
- All members are eligible for discounts on registration fees at the annual meetings.
- A subscription to the Journal of Surgical Research is included in the membership fees for Active members and available at a reduced price to Candidate and Senior members.
- Members have access to a searchable membership database available online.
- A quarterly email newsletter is sent via email to all members.
- Candidate members may attend the "Fundamentals of Surgical Research," for a very low registration fee. This one-day course provides a blueprint for developing a successful research career as well as networking opportunities for participants.
- Annual meetings are structured to maximize interactions between colleagues and professionals. Surgeon scientists in all levels of their career attend the meeting, where networking is truly enjoyable as well as educational.
- Active members are eligible to become involved in the leadership of the society immediately, allowing members to acquire the necessary skills for association leadership.
For more information regarding AAS Membership, please contact Membership Services or call 310-437-1606